Dear Parents and Guardians of MMS Students,
On behalf of the PTO, we hope that your family is making the most of this summer. As everyone gears up for the new school year, the PTO looks forward to working collaboratively with the school administration, teachers and families in order to enhance our children’s learning experience.
Here are some things you can do now to prepare for the upcoming school year:
- Sign up for PTO membership, if you haven't already done so. Your membership gives you access to the school directory, enables you to receive weekly PTO eBlasts with helpful reminders, and allows your child to participate in PTO-sponsored activities and sales.
- Access the School Directory. For privacy and safety purposes, we no longer print a paper directory. Only families with a current PTO membership will have access to the online school directory via www.mmspto.net or the Membership Toolkit App.
- Pick Up Your School Supplies, Planners, Calculators, Gym Clothes and Spirit Wear. For those who ordered and paid for supplies, parents/guardians can pick up these items at the MMS New Gym on one of the 3 designated pick up days:
- Monday, August 30 – 3:30 to 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 31 – 3:30 to 5:30pm
- Wednesday, September 1 (first day of school) – 4 to 7pm
The MMS PTO meets 6 times during the school year. We encourage you to attend these meetings for updates on valuable information about what is happening at the middle school. In addition, this is a time to bring any questions or concerns to Mr. Connolly. Unless otherwise noted, PTO meetings will be held in the MMS Library:
September 17, Friday at 9:15am
October 15, Friday at 12:30pm
November 12, Friday at 12:30pm
January 21, Friday at 12:30pm
March 18, Friday at 12:30pm
May 18, Wednesday at 9:15am
Meeting notices will be email blasted out ahead of time, so please be sure to look out for them and plan to attend at least a couple of meetings this year. In addition to PTO meetings, you will receive regular information in our weekly PTO newsletters which goes out on Monday mornings.
IMPORTANT SEPTEMBER DATES
- Tuesday, September 1 First Day of School
- Friday, September 17 at 9:15am First MMS PTO General Meeting
- Thursday, September 23 at 7pm Back to School Night - virtual for all grades
- Monday & Tuesday, September 23 & 24, 8-10am NJSLA Testing
- Wednesday & Thursday, September 29 & 30 Picture Day!
Click here for the rest of the Calendar
PARENT/GUARDIAN AMBASSADORS for FAMILIES NEW TO MMS
Several experienced parents have agreed to answer any questions you may have about your child starting middle school. Please feel free to contact them: Jan Tran (email@example.com), Robyn Ferrari (firstname.lastname@example.org), Usha Shah (email@example.com) and Sherry Mahfouz for Special Ed issues (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings this year! You can always find information on our PTO website and in our weekly emails. Please do not hesitate to reach out to either of us at email@example.com if you need anything related to the MMS PTO during the year.
Kim Walls & Jill Sherman
MMS PTO Co-Presidents 2021-2022